Disclaimer: I received a pair of Under Armour HOVR Sonic shoes to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
I love Under Armour products but I’ve actually never owned a pair of UA sneakers. I have so much UA gear as I’ve always enjoyed them for working out and running. When I had the opportunity to test out the Under Armour HOVR Sonic non-connected sneakers, I was all over it. I was so excited to get these and try them out.
As noted above, I received the non-connected (NC) version of the HOVR Sonic. The only different between the NC and Connected is that the Connected version has UA’s Record Sensor. The UA Record Sensor provides data from your run to your phone. The Connected version would’ve been cool to have but I was completely fine with the NC version. I use a running watch that provides me with a ton of data.
The UA HOVR Sonic is a NEUTRAL shoe and that is what I have always worn. I was really looking forward to getting these and trying them out.
As you can see in the photos, the pair I received were black with some white and red. I didn’t know what color I was getting, so when I opened the box, I was pleasantly surprised. I think they look great.
The next step was the biggest. My foot is a little wider so sometimes I have issues with certain running shoes that I try on. They feel like they are squeezing my foot too much. I had never tried these on, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I was so happy and a bit surprised how well they fit when I put them on. The shoe seemed to fit me really well, like a glove, and I felt like these sneakers would not need as much time for me to break in and get used to. They just seemed right from the start. Normally, it takes me a few weeks to really feel like a pair of show is broken in. That wasn’t the case with these.
These sneakers are so comfortable. They are nice a light too. The UA HOVR technology definitely delivers. They feel good, are nice and plush, and provide nice cushion.
The top of the sneaker is made up of compression mesh. I don’t have a pair of running shoes with this type of material. I loved it. It stretches to your foot and has real nice texture to it. I really liked how these shoes felt on my feet. You can tell how breathable these sneakers are too which is a huge help right now in the humid weather we’re experience in New Jersey. The soft knit upper dries fast too.
One of the specs they note that I noticed immediately is the unique tongue construction. It is attached to the footbed by stretchable support wings. This helps it maintain a snug fit throughout the foot.
Below is a list of the UA HOVR Sonic Specs:
- UA HOVR™ technology provides ‘zero gravity feel’ to maintain energy return that helps eliminate impact step after step
- Compression mesh Energy Web contains & molds UA HOVR™ foam to give back the energy you put in
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning
- Soft knit upper dries fast & provides a breathable, compression-like fit that delivers lightweight directional strength & unmatched comfort to help you go the distance
- Ventilated midfoot panel increases breathability
- Unique tongue construction is attached to the footbed by stretchable support wings to maintain a snug fit throughout the foot
- External TPU heel counter for additional support & structure
- Removable, anti-microbial Ortholite® sockliner molds to the foot for customized comfort & cushion
- Blown rubber under the forefoot is lightweight yet incredibly responsive
- High-abrasion rubber placed under the heel to help absorb ground contact
- Offset: 8mm
- Weight: 9.6oz
Overall, I’ve been very pleased with the Under Armour HOVR Sonic NC sneakers. They have been a great addition to my running and work out shoe rotation. Besides running, I have used them to lift in and cross train. They felt right on the elliptical and the stepper. I’m definitely a fan.
Do you own a pair of UA HOVR Sonic shoes?
What is your favorite color for your running shoes?
Check out what other BibRave Pros are saying about UA HOVR Sonic:
Check out Under Armor on: