Disclaimer: I’m promoting The New Jersey Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
Tomorrow I run The New Jersey Half Marathon for the second year in a row. It will be the first time I have run a half marathon course for a second time. I definitely remember a bunch of the course but can’t say it’s a course inside and out. I’m sure things will come back to me as I’m running tomorrow. It’ll be interesting to see how I do. I’ve decided to come up with a few goals for tomorrow. We will see how I do in accomplishing them. Good luck to all of the other runners tomorrow. Run your race.
- Don’t get out so fast. I think I let my adrenaline really take over out of the gate. I remember running a faster start than I expected. Learn from the past.
- Smile as I cross the finish line. I’m not sure I’ve done this in a race yet. Really live the term “Run Happy”.
- Keep any self-doubts to a minimum throughout the race. Counter them with positive sayings and thoughts.
- Really take in the race this year. I was so focused last year that parts of the race are a blur.
- Stay hydrated. Drink throughout the race.
- Say thank you to as many volunteers as I can when I see them.
- Make sure I find my wife and kids around mile 9. There is nothing better in a race then when you spot your family cheering you on.
- Enjoy a post-race beer. I’ve never had beer directly after a race, so it’s time.
- Just have fun. The rest will take care of itself.
- Be proud the entire day.
We will see how it goes but no reason I can’t accomplish these goals. You’ll notice I don’t have a time listed. I want to see how the race is going. I have something in mind but I don’t want to base the success of my race on that, so I’m not listing it as a goal.
The hard work is done. Now it’s time to have fun. Time to run New Jersey.Loading Likes...